Sunday 31 May 2015

May Favourites

Favourites posts are some of my most read and I love reading them too so I thought I'd share with you all my favourites from May... (side note....HOW IS IT JUNE TOMORROW?!)

Spotify has been my go to this month to help my survive revision. I've created the best playlist full of old songs like 'C'est La vie' by Bewitched and 'Keep on Movin' by F!ve. It's so cool that you can access almost unlimited music for free. Ive got the app on my phone but because I don't have premium I can only skip 6 songs at one time which, for a serial skipper like me, is a bit of a negative but forces me to listen to music I wouldn't normally and sometimes I find little treasures such as 'Be Okay' by Oh Honey. 



Specific music favourites this month include Seafret, a band I discovered when i went to see James Bay live a few weeks ago. Their music is very guitar-y and calming, perfect for revision. On the path of guitar-music I'm in love with the new Mumford and Sons song 'Believe' it's a very relaxing song and the video is a timelapse video through London and it makes me quite nostalgic!

Another app I'm loving is Afterlight. With it being last year few days in school we've had a lot of pictures and Afterlight is the perfect app to edit on! I don't tend to use the filters I just adjust the brightness, saturation, contrast, highlights/shadows etc. 


Since finishing Pretty Little Liars which was undoubtedly my favourite Netflix series EVER I was recommended Gogglebox on Channel 4. All I can say is I don't know how I haven't watched it sooner. It is honestly one of the most hilarious shows I've watched in a loooong time. For those of you how don't know what it is, different families across Britain are filmed whilst watching TV and they make comments on what they think as if the cameras weren't there. Who said British TV was cheap? 

Without Pretty Little Liars I've managed to get a little bit of reading done and I'm loving Carrie Hope Fletcher's 'All I Know Now'. Simply put it is a book about the struggles and difficulties most teens face when growing up and tips on how to survive the teenage years. I haven't finished it yet but it is such a good book! 



As I'm writing this the sun is shining down and the sky is clear blue and cloudless which means the summer is here!! It also means getting my legs out which requires silky-smoothness and I've found that with the Vaseline essential moisture Cocoa Radiant lotion. It's a really thick, creamy moisturiser but isn't greasy at all and it dries quickly and the smell of the cocoa is to die for. 
If only you could smell it!
As always, I have food favourites. Slightly strangely, Wheetabix is one of them! I've had it a lot for breakfast recently with strawberries, raspberries and bananas on top and it's the perfect breakfast. It fills me up but it is light and quite healthy too! As it's revision season I've been treating myself a little bit, I've made my red velvet cake a lot (with the help of the lovely Betty Crocker) and it's gone down a treat every time. But  now I'm trying to eat healthily again because I'm really trying to trim up my stomach 

An old beauty favourite is cropping back up this month the L'Oreal Brow Artiste eyebrow pencil. I've discovered a new combination of this and my collection eyebrow powder works quite well it sorting out my eyebrows. However, I STILL CANT MAKE THEM EVEN! 

After reading Niomi's review I purchased another L'Oreal product, the Superstar Mascara with two ends, one white end to lengthen and volumise lashes and the black end to give a dramatic finish. I wasn't too sure about it to begin with but I now really love it for thickening my lashes but it doesn't seem to lengthen them once I've applied the black colour. I've just bought the new Wake Me Up mascara from Rimmel in the bright green bottle and so far I'm liking it for the length but I need to use it for a bit longer to give you all a full review! 


Wand 1 
Wand 2












I've been quite lazy with hair washing because I've been a bit of a social recluse due to revision so I've used a lot of Batiste Dry Shampoo and my current favourite scent is the classic tropical coconut and exotic. I find the scent so refreshing and dry shampoo works so well.

Despite having so much revision, I've managed to keep watching my favourite youtubers and this month Lily Pebbles has been my ultimate favourite. I loved her 'Everyday May' vlogs and I also follow her on snapchat and she seems so lovely! I also still love Hannah, Stef and Gracie as well as the Saccone-Joly's! 
From all the watched signs you can tell I'm a bit addicted!











  


The Michalaks! 











Hello Friends.....














Hope you've enjoyed my favourites from this month.  What have you guys been liking this month???

Thanks for reading 
Charlotte 
XO


1 comment:

  1. Love your picks! I use Afterlight too and I enjoy it :)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete